EGLISE DU PONT DE MONTVERT

 
Image 0 : EGLISE DU PONT DE MONTVERT

This church was donated in 1187 by Bishop Aldebert III to the Knights of St. John of Jerusalem. It was replaced in the 17th century by a larger church. Disused at the time of the Concordat, sold in 1826 and turned into a barn and cot, it now lets the sky see through its collapsed vault. The façade is almost intact, but leans dangerously outwards. What a pity to see a building that was the only note of medieval architecture in the region die.

Wording More information
Adult Free

From 01/01/2022 to 31/12/2022

Making contact

48220 - PONT DE MONTVERT - SUD MONT LOZERE

+33 4 66 45 81 94

Contact by email

Animaux non admis

Animals not allowed