This church was donated in 1187 by Bishop Aldebert III to the Knights of St. John of Jerusalem. It was replaced in the 17th century by a larger church. Disused at the time of the Concordat, sold in 1826 and turned into a barn and cot, it now lets the sky see through its collapsed vault. The façade is almost intact, but leans dangerously outwards. What a pity to see a building that was the only note of medieval architecture in the region die.
48220 - PONT DE MONTVERT - SUD MONT LOZERE
+33 4 66 45 81 94
Contact by email
Send a message
Animals not allowed